From Wikipedia, the không tính tiền encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: fashion week là gì
A fashion week is a fashion industry sự kiện, lasting approximately one week, where fashion designers, brands or "houses" display their latest collections in runway fashion shows vĩ đại buyers and the truyền thông. These events influence the upcoming fashion trends for the current and approaching seasons.
The most prominent fashion weeks held in the fashion capitals of the world—in chronological order, Thành Phố New York City, London, Milan, and Paris, or the "Big Four", showcase exquisite creations from the most vaunted fashion designers and receive global truyền thông coverage.
During 2010s, fashion globalization contributed significantly vĩ đại the rise of non-traditional fashion cities vĩ đại significant relevance in the fashion calendar, in addition vĩ đại the Big Four, other notable fashion weeks are held in Berlin, Madrid, Shanghai, São Paulo, and Tokyo.
One of history's first signs of a fashion week, or seasonal collection, can be traced back vĩ đại fashion designer Charles Frederick Worth. The concept of the fashion week began in Paris, when marketers used vĩ đại hire women vĩ đại wear couture items in public places, from racetracks vĩ đại beauty salons. These parades gradually became social events of their own. In France, runway shows are still called "défilés de mode" or "fashion parades" in English. A style show is an occasion placed on by a style planner vĩ đại exhibit their forthcoming line of dress as well as embellishments during Fashion Week. Style shows debut each season, especially the Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter seasons. In 1903, a Manhattan cửa hàng called Ehrich Brothers put on what is thought vĩ đại have been the country's first fashion show vĩ đại lure middle-class women into the store. By 1910, inspired by the European "fashion parades" organized in couture salons, many American department stores were holding own fashion shows as an effective way vĩ đại advertise and improve the their image. By the 1920s, the fashion show had been used by retailers across the country. They were staged, and often held in the shop's restaurant during lunch or teatime. These shows were usually more theatrical than thở those of today, heavily based upon a single theme, and accompanied with a narrative commentary. The shows were hugely popular, enticing crowds in their thousands – crowds so sánh large, that stores in Thành Phố New York in the 1950s had vĩ đại obtain a license vĩ đại have live models.
On July 19, 1943, the first-ever "fashion week," Thành Phố New York Fashion Week, was held, with one main purpose: vĩ đại give fashion buyers alternatives vĩ đại French fashion during World War II, when workers in the fashion industry were unable vĩ đại travel vĩ đại Paris.
The first Paris fashion week began in 1973.
Until 1994, shows were held in different locations, such as hotels, or lofts. From 1994 vĩ đại 2009, the sự kiện was held in a tent at Bryant Park, behind the Thành Phố New York Public Library. Lincoln Center was the Fashion Week venue from 2010 vĩ đại năm ngoái, later on moved vĩ đại Clarkson Square, an events venue in SoHo in Manhattan.
Although there are many notable fashion weeks around the world, only four are known as the "Big Four": in chronological order, Thành Phố New York, London, Milan, and Paris. Paris began holding couture shows in 1945, Milan Fashion Week was founded by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in 1958, Paris Fashion Week was further organized in 1973 under the French Fashion Federation, and London Fashion Week was founded by the British Fashion Council in 1983. Although these key organizations still organize the main shows, there are independent events and producers in all cities, as well.
Display nội dung and style
There are primarily two kinds of shows, those of womenswear and menswear. There are also shows particular vĩ đại each location. For example, most haute couture shows are held in Paris, while most business and sales-oriented shows and some haute couture shows take place in Thành Phố New York.
Xem thêm: made in france là gì
Paris' haute couture shows take place in January and July. Due vĩ đại rules phối down by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, haute couture shows in France can only be held in Paris.
Recent designers have increasingly shown inter-seasonal collections between the traditional Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer seasons. These collections are usually more commercial than thở the main season collections and help shorten the customer's wait for new season clothes. The inter-seasonal collections are Resort/Cruise (before Spring/Summer) and Pre-Fall (before Autumn/Winter). There is no fixed schedule for these shows in any of the major fashion capitals, but they typically happen three months after the main season shows. Some designers showcase inter-seasonal collections outside their home page cities. For example, Karl Lagerfeld has shown his Resort and Pre-Fall collections for Chanel in cities such as Moscow, Los Angeles, and Monte Carlo instead of Paris. Many designers also put on presentations as opposed vĩ đại traditional shows during Resort and Pre-Fall either vĩ đại cut down costs or because they feel the clothes can be better understood in this medium.
There are also genre-specific, Fashion Weeks, such as Rio Summer fashion week, and 'Miami Swim Week' - independent from Miami Fashion Week - also dedicated vĩ đại swimwear. Similarly, there are haute couture shows in Paris dedicated vĩ đại one-of-a-kind designer originals, and Indonesia Islamic Fashion Week for Muslim fashion. Bangalore Fashion Week displays festive wear and Bridal Fashion Week, while Portland (Oregon, USA) Fashion Week showcases some eco-friendly designers. Bread and Butter Berlin hosts the leading fashion show for everyday fashion.
See now, buy now
In recent years, shows have begun vĩ đại feature garments that are available for sale immediately, online or in stores. The other move has been vĩ đại "see now, buy now" shows, often featuring clickable đoạn phim, where looks are available online immediately following, or even during the show. "See now, buy now" experiences have included shows from Tom Ford, Nicole Miller, Moschino and Tommy Hilfiger. For example, in 2019 at the Tommy x Zendaya show, Hilfiger commented on the innovation of the "see now, buy now" concept.
The advent of "see now, buy now" shopping has also come about in response vĩ đại so-called "fast fashion" retailers, who copy designs from the runway and bring them vĩ đại retail faster than thở traditional design houses.
In spite of the Điện thoại tư vấn vĩ đại rethink the runways with the idea "see now, buy now," as of 2017, the French Federation of Fashion has opposed the change.
Fashion week happens twice a year in the major fashion capitals of the world; Thành Phố New York (February 7–15), London (February 15–19), Milan (February 19–25), and Paris (February 25–March 5).
Traditionally, fashion weeks were held several months in advance of the season vĩ đại allow the press and buyers a chance vĩ đại preview fashion designs for the following season. In February and March, designers showcased autumn and winter collections and in September and October, the spring and summer collections.
This timing was largely created vĩ đại follow the then slower "retail cycle." In other words, it allowed fashion retailers vĩ đại purchase and incorporate the designers' latest creations into their offering. However, as customer expectations have increased, the retail cycle has increased. As a result, in năm nhâm thìn, designers started moving vĩ đại "in-season shows."
Xem thêm: babt là gì
- List of fashion events
- Fashion show
- Runway (fashion)
- Haute couture
- ^ Meyer, Mandy (2023-08-16). "What is Fashion Week? Everything You Need vĩ đại Know". Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- ^ Antoniadou, Konstantina (2023-05-03). "Top 10 Fashion Capitals of the World". Retrieved 2023-08-14.
- ^ "Fashion History Lesson: The Evolution of Runway Shows". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ Leach, William R. "Transformations in a Culture of Consumption: Women and Department Stores, 1890-1925". The Journal of American History. Vol. 71, No. 2 (Sep., 1984), pp. 319-342. Accessed August 14, 2011.
- ^ Amanda Fortini, "How the Runway Took Off. A brief history of the fashion show." Feb. 8, 2006
- ^ "Petite histoire de la Fashion Week en 2 minutes - Les Inrocks". 10 April 2017. Archived from the original on 10 April 2017. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- ^ Lockwood, Lisa (2015-04-13). "New York Fashion Week Leaves Lincoln Center". WWD. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- ^ "Hudson Yards is in talks vĩ đại host Thành Phố New York Fashion Week". New York Post. 2017-09-12. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- ^ "The Long and Winding History of Fashion Week | Thành Phố New York Fashion Week". New York Fashion Week. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- ^ Ward, Maria (September 2015). "Introducing the New Vogue Runway App: Your Digital Front Row Seat vĩ đại Fashion Week". Vogue. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- ^ Emling, Shelley (3 October 2006). "Big 4 fashion weeks get new company - Style - International Herald Tribune - The Thành Phố New York Times". The Thành Phố New York Times. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- ^ "The history of haute couture". Harper's BAZAAR. 2017-01-19. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ Davies, Lizzy (2013-11-21). "Armani throws his weight behind efforts vĩ đại revive Milan fashion week". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "Paris Fashion Week's Best Moments: Revisit 14 Iconic Catwalk Shows". Marie Claire. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "1983, Crucial tipping point for the UK's Fashion First Team". ➢➢ Shapers of the 80s ➣➣. 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2023-08-15.
- ^ "The Long and Winding History of Fashion Week | Thành Phố New York Fashion Week". New York Fashion Week. 2015-09-23. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "Tom Ford Shifts Show vĩ đại Match Retail Cycle". The Business of Fashion. 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "8 Collections You Can Shop Straight From the Runway". ELLE. 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ Mackelden, Amy (2 March 2019). "Tommy x Zendaya Hits Paris Fashion Week and It's Bringing Back the Days of Disco". Harpers Bazaar. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- ^ "Fashion Week Trends Fast Fashion 2016". Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "Fashion History Lesson: The Origins of Fast Fashion". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "French Fashion Execs Vote Against 'See Now, Buy Now' Schedule". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- ^ "Important Fashion Week Dates". Fashion Week Online. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- ^ "The CFDA Released a Guidebook for Designers Transitioning vĩ đại In-Season Shows". Fashionista. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- Fashion Shows at Vogue
- Fashion week calendar at DNMAG