From Wikipedia, the không tính tiền encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: display ads là gì
Digital display advertising is online graphic advertising through banners, text, images, Clip, and audio. The main purpose of digital display advertising is to tướng post company ads on third-party websites. A display ad is usually interactive (i.e. clickable), which allows brands and advertisers to tướng engage deeper with the users. A display ad can also be a companion ad for a non-clickable Clip ad.
According to tướng eMarketer, Facebook and Twitter were mix to tướng take 33 percent of display ad spending market share by 2017. Desktop display advertising eclipsed tìm kiếm ad buying in năm trước, with mobile ad spending overtaking display in năm ngoái.
Digital display advertising is an online khuông of advertising in which the company's promotional messages appear on third-party sites or tìm kiếm engine results pages such as publishers or social networks. There is an evidence showing that this advertising can increase the number of trang web page view of a company from most types of customers except from the non-authenticated visitors who visited the trang web before. The main purpose of display advertising is to tướng tư vấn brand awareness (Robinson et al., 2007) and it also helps to tướng increase the purchase intention of consumers.
Social truyền thông media is used by many organizations. One example is, in năm trước, ASOS and Nike collaborated with Google Hangouts to tướng create the first shoppable Clip trang web chat on Google+. The Clip is an example of display advertising used for commemorating 27 years of Nike's Air Max shoes. The Clip advertising aimed at creating brand awareness among users and convincing them to tướng watch the Hangout and purchase products from the display advertising itself. Consumers were able to tướng cửa hàng by clicking the display advertising. According to tướng an ASOS statement, display advertising has contributed to tướng an increase in both the number of users visiting its trang web and downloads of the ASOS App by 28 percent, with users having then visited the trang web eight times a month, on average.
Since the early advent of technology, the Internet has completely changed the way people relate to tướng advertisements. As computers prices decreased, online nội dung became accessible to tướng a large portion of the world's population. This change has modified the way people are exposed to tướng truyền thông media and advertising and has led to tướng the creation of online channels through which advertisements can reach users.
The first type of relationship between a trang web and an advertiser was a straightforward, direct partnership. This partnership model implies that the advertiser promoting a product or service pays the trang web (also known as a publisher) directly for a certain amount of ad impressions. The first digital ad, called a banner ad, was run rẩy in 1994 by AT&T on a site called HotWired. 
As time went on, publishers began creating thousands of websites, leading to tướng millions of pages with unsold ad space. This gave rise to tướng a new mix of companies called Ad Networks. The ad network acted as a broker, buying unsold ad space from multiple publishers and packaged them into audiences to tướng be sold to tướng advertisers. This second wave of advertiser-publisher relationships rapidly gained popularity as it was convenient and useful for buyers who often found themselves paying a lower price yet receiving enhanced targeting capabilities through ad networks.
The third and most recent major development that shaped the advertiser-publisher ecosystem started occurring in the late 2000s when widespread adoption of RTB (real time bidding) technology took place. Also referred to tướng as programmatic bidding, RTB allowed companies representing buyers and sellers to tướng bid on the price to tướng show an ad to tướng a user every time a banner ad is loading. When a page loads during a user visit, there are thousands of bids occurring from advertisers to tướng serve an ad to tướng that user, based on each company's individual algorithms. With this most recent change in the industry, more and more ads are being sold on a single-impression basis, as opposed to tướng in bulk purchases.
Programmatic, Real time bidding (RTB)
Programmatic display advertising, or real time bidding (RTB), transformed the way digital display advertising is bought and managed in recent years. Rather than vãn placing a booking for advertising directly with a trang web, advertisers will manage their activity through a (demand side platform), and bid to tướng advertise to tướng people in real time, across multiple websites, based on targeting criteria. This method of advertising quickly gained popularity, as it allows for more control for the advertiser (or agency), including of the individual target audience, rather than vãn just the trang web. It has become a threat to tướng trang web operators and generally the cost paid for advertising in this way is less than vãn the old method and sánh the earning potential for them is reduced.
Programmatic is not without its drawbacks, as without the appropriate management adverts can appear against unsavoury nội dung or inappropriate news topics. This issue became front-page news in February 2017, when advertisers on YouTube were found displayed on terror group websites and nhái news sites. As a result, a number of major advertisers paused all of their online advertising until they could put the appropriate measures in place to tướng prevent this occurring again.
Other issues can arise from this method of buying display ads, for example since DSPs mostly buy from inventory on the public ad exchanges, the quality of the impressions bought can often be questionable and low value. in response to tướng this, in the past few years we have seen the proliferation and use of private đơn hàng through PMPs.
First online advertisement
The birthday of the first banner display on the World Wide Web was on 27 October 1994. It appeared on HotWired, the first commercial trang web magazine.
The COCONET online service had graphical online banner ads starting in 1988 in San Diego, California.
The PRODIGY service, launched also in 1988, had banner ads as well.
The accounts department meet with the client to tướng define chiến dịch goals and translate those goals into a creative brief to tướng be forwarded to tướng the creative department.
Xem thêm: yahoo powered là gì
The role of the creative team is to tướng conceptualise and create the advert. They have to tướng develop a creative execution that will be compelling enough to tướng drive a customer to tướng buy a product or a service. The team often consists of a mix of copy writers and graphic designers who use their respective skillsets to tướng communicate via copy and visuals.
People have to tướng test in which way the user experiences all the information of a data visualization. For this reason, they have to tướng study the users' response to tướng sounds, image, and motion. They have to tướng be aware of everything that is digitally consumed, to tướng know all the newest technologies and truyền thông media solutions, and to tướng help all the other departments to tướng find the best way to tướng reach the object's chiến dịch.
Ad Operations, or 'Ad ops', are the people who ensure that the ad is physically delivered to tướng the correct trang web at the correct time. They vì thế this by uploading the ad into the advertiser's ad server sánh that it can be delivered to tướng the trang web and displayed to tướng the kết thúc user who will see it. They are also responsible of delivering 100% of the advertiser's budget in an ad chiến dịch by regularly tracking the ad chiến dịch performance and optimizing it towards the advertiser's KPIs.
Ad servers helps manage digital display advertisements. It is an advertising technology (ad tech) tool that, throughout a platform, administrates the ads and their distribution. It is basically a service or technology for a company that takes care of all the ad chiến dịch programs and by receiving the ad files it is able to tướng allocate them in different websites. The ad server is responsible for things such as the dates by which the chiến dịch has to tướng run rẩy on a website; the rapidity in which an ad as to tướng be spread and where (geographic location targeting, language targeting.. ); controlling that an ad is not overseen by a user by limiting the number of visualisations; proposing an ad on past behaviour targeting.
There are different types of ad servers. There is an ad server for publishers that helps them to tướng launch a new ad on a trang web by listing the highest ads' price on its and to tướng follow the ad's growth by registering how many users it has reached. There is an ad server for advertisers that helps them by sending the ads in the khuông of HTML codes to tướng each publisher. In this way, it is possible to tướng open the ad in every moment and make changes of frequency for example, at all times. Lastly, there is an ad server for ad networks that provides information as in which network the publisher is registering an income and which is the daily revenue.
Importance of formats of display ads
Two students of the "Amsterdam school of Communication Research ASCor" have run rẩy studies about the audience reactions to tướng different display advertising formats. In particular, they took into consideration two different types of format (sponsored nội dung and banner advertising) to tướng demonstrate that people react and perceive formats in different ways, positive and negative. For this reason, it is important to tướng choose the right format because it will help to tướng make the most of the medium. It is also possible to tướng add:
- Rich Media Ads (Expandables): flash files that may expand when the user interacts on mouseover (polite), or auto- initiated (non-polite);
- Overlays: ads that appear above nội dung and that are possible to tướng remove by clicking on a close button;
- Interstitials: Ads that are displayed on trang web pages before expected nội dung (before the target page is displayed on the user's screen);
- Sponsorship: including a logo or adding a brand to tướng the design of a trang web. This can also can fall under Native advertising, which is an ad that can seem lượt thích Editorial, or "In-Feed", but has really been paid for by the advertiser
To help to tướng better select the right format for the type of ad, Interactive Advertising Bureau has realized a Display Standard Ad Unit Portfolio that works as a guideline that can be followed by the creatives. The IAB ad sizes as of 2007 are :
- Rectangles and Pop-Ups[a]
- Medium rectangle: 300 x 250
Square pop-up: 250 x 250
Vertical rectangle: 240 x 400
Large rectangle: 336 x 280
- Rectangle: 180 x 150
3:1 Rectangle: 300 x 100[b]
Pop-Under: 720 x 300[b]
- Banners and Buttons
Full banner: 468 x 60
Half banner: 234 x 60
- Micro bar: 88 x 31
Button 1: 120 x 90
- Button 2: 120 x 60
Vertical banner: 120 x 240
Square button: 125 x 125
- Leaderboard: 728 x 90[c]
- Wide skyscraper: 160 x 600
Skyscraper: 120 x 600
- Half-page: 300 x 600[d]
Those sizes that are bold above are part of the Universal Ad Package.
Grayed entries were delisted after the update in 2011. Standard banner ad sizes are constantly evolving due to tướng consumer creative fatigue and banner blindness. Ad companies consistently test performance of ad units to tướng ensure maximum performance for their clients. IAB has updated its guideline bi-annually.
In năm ngoái, IAB announced advertising creative guidelines for display & mobile, considering HTML5.
In 2017 IAB also introduced the new guidelines, featuring adjustable ad formats, as well as the guidelines for new digital nội dung experiences such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), social truyền thông media, mobile Clip, emoji ad messaging, and 360-degree Clip ads.
Fixed size ad spec is:
Xem thêm: filerepmalware là gì
|Ad unit Name||Fixed Size (px)|
|Billboard||970 x 250|
|Smartphone Banner||300 x 50、320 x 50|
|Leaderboard||728 x 90|
|Super Leaderboard/Pushdown||970 x 90|
|Portrait||300 x 1050|
|Skyscraper||160 x 600|
|Medium Rectangle||300 x 250|
|120x160||120 x 160|
|Mobile Phone Interstitial||640 x 1136、750 x 1334、1080 x 1920|
|Feature Phone Small Banner||120 x 20|
|Feature Phone Medium Banner||168 x 28|
|Feature Phone Large Banner||216 x 36|
- Web banner
- Internet marketing
- Online advertising
- Mobile advertising
- Native advertising
- Pop-up ad
- Interstitial webpage
- Interactive media
- Hover ad
- Affiliate marketing
- Pay per click
- Site Retargeting
- ^ a b This group was added around the beginning of 2000.
- ^ a b Added in 2007 update.
- ^ Added in 2003 update.
- ^ Added in 2004 update.
- ^ "Display Advertising". Marketing Land. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ a b c d e "Display advertising - Guide". Internet Advertising Bureau. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ Buying, Media. "Facebook and Twitter Will Take 33% Share of US Digital Display Market by 2017". eMarketer. eMarketer. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- ^ Buying, Media. "Mobile to tướng Account for More than vãn Half of Digital Ad Spending in 2015". eMarketer. eMarketer. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- ^ Hoban, P.. R.; Bucklin, R. E. (2015). "Effects of Internet Display Advertising in the Purchase Funnel: Model-Based Insights from a Randomized Field Experiment". Journal of Marketing Research. 52 (3): 375–393. doi:10.1509/jmr.13.0277. S2CID 11398413.
- ^ Robinson et al (2007) 'Marketing communications using digital truyền thông media channels', in Chaffey, D. and Chadwick, F. E. (2016) Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation, and Practice.Edinburgh Gate: Pearson Education Limited, pp. 515-522.
- ^ Magrath, V.; McCormick, H. (2013). "Marketing design elements of mobile fashion retail apps". Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management. 17 (1): 115–134. doi:10.1108/13612021311305173.
- ^ Albans, S. (2017) 'ASOS plc interim results for six months'. Available at: https://www.asosplc.com/~/media/Files/A/Asos-V2/results-archive/statement/interim-results-statement-04-04-2017.pdf. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
- ^ Azimi, Javad; Zhang, Ruofei; Zhou, Yang; Navalpakkam, Vidhya; Mao, Jianchang; Fern, Xiaoli (2012). "The Impact of Visual Appearance on User Response in Online Display Advertising". arXiv:1202.2158 [cs.HC].
- ^ Digiday (8 November 2017). "'The beginning of a giant industry': An oral history of the first banner ad". Digiday. Retrieved 12 May 2023.
- ^ "IAB Evolution Of Display Advertising". Archived from the original on 21 December 2021. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- ^ Head Of Investigations, Alexi Mostrous (9 February 2017). "Big Brands Fund Terror". The Times. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- ^ Maheshwari, Sapna; Wakabayashi, Daisuke (23 March 2017). "AT&T and Johnson & Johnson Pull Ads From YouTube". The Thành Phố New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 25 January 2022.
- ^ D'Angelo, Frank. "Happy Birthday, Digital Advertising!". Advertising Age. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ Tutaj, Karolina; Van Reijmersdal, Eva (2012). "Effects of online advertising format and persuasion knowledge on audience reactions". Journal of Marketing Communications. 18: 5–18. doi:10.1080/13527266.2011.620765.
- ^ a b "Ad Unit Guidelines". Interactive Advertising Bureau. Archived from the original on 15 October 2007. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "Ad Unit Guidelines". Interactive Advertising Bureau. Archived from the original on 4 December 2002. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ a b "Ad Unit Guidelines". Interactive Advertising Bureau. Archived from the original on 2 October 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "Ad Unit Guidelines". Interactive Advertising Bureau. Archived from the original on 15 July 2004. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "Universal Ad Package". iab.net. Archived from the original on 5 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- ^ "Ad Unit Guidelines". Interactive Advertising Bureau. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "INTERACTIVE ADVERTISING BUREAU – DISPLAY & MOBILE ADVERTISING CREATIVE FORMAT GUIDELINES: năm ngoái ADVERTISING CREATIVE GUIDELINES FOR DISPLAY & MOBILE – UPDATED FOR HTML5" (PDF). IAB. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "IAB New Ad Portfolio". IAB. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "IAB NEW STANDARD AD UNIT PORTFOLIO JULY 2017" (PDF). IAB. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "IAB NEW STANDARD AD UNIT PORTFOLIO TRANSITION GUIDE JULY 2017" (PDF). IAB. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- ^ "IAB New Ad Portfolio Fixed Size Ad Specifications" (PDF). IAB. Retrieved 21 March 2021.